Nurses from the West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum
School of Music, Humanities and Media
Research Assistant in History of Health or Medicine
Grade 6 £25,747 – £31,632
Fixed term appointment for 9 months, Full time
A full time Research Assistant is required to support the History UoA research theme ‘The history of health, welfare and well-being’. You will work with the Director of the Centre for the History of Public Health and Medicine (CHPHM) to extend the work of staff and PGRs associated with the Centre. The RA will focus on the following priorities:
• Provide research assistance and contribute to the REF outputs of Centre members.
• Support grant applications of Centre staff and apply for funding to develop their own role
• Support the development of inter-school networks with an aim to applying for funding for University wide Institute for Health Humanities in 2016
• Along with academic colleagues, develop partnerships with non-academic partners and lead heritage focused workshops with academic and non-academic partners
• Support Impact activities of members through research activities, networking and event organisation
• Work with members to mount an international conference in Summer 2016.
A good Honours degree and PhD in Modern Health or Social History is essential.
For further details about the post and to make an application, visit www.hud.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: 12 October 2015
Interview date: 3 November 2015
Working for Equal Opportunities.
Innovative University. Inspiring Employer.